Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm so bad

I know I know. I totally suck at keeping this updated. New Years Resolution- Keeping our blog updated.

Where to begin since August. September was kind of a rough month. I had my tonsils removed Sept. 10th. If I would have known how painful it was going to be, I probably would have dealt with them. I had tonsil stones (I've never heard of them until I got them) that I had to get rid of. I dont want to even explain it because of how gross they are. All I ate for about 2 weeks was ice. It was a very sore throat times 100! The only positive thing about it was I lost 12 pounds. It seemed like forever until my throat was all healed up. But I survived.

September and October was pretty busy for Craig and his hunting. Craig drew out for a bull elk this year and he was so determined to find an elk. He went spotting all the time and put up trail cameras to get him an elk. At the same time, he was spotting for a moose. I actually went with him a couple times believe it or not. I had so much fun! Very cold obviously by the way I'm dressed. I felt like a big marshmallow!




His Grandpa drew out for a moose and apparently, its a once in a life time draw. Craig's Grandpa's moose hunt was first.


He was pretty happy!

Craigs hunt took a little longer. He was gone for 2 weeks straight looking for an elk. He is a true mountain man. Staying in a tent for 2 weeks. But it was all worth it!





Not the best pictures (cell phone) but you can see what I mean.

So I started this diet called HCG right before Halloween. Probably the worst decision ever to start a diet right before the holidays. Obviously I wasn't thinking. Its a 500 calorie a day diet which was pretty brutal. Very limited food choices, and only water and coffee to drink. It lasted 3 weeks, then I was on a maintenance diet which was a little more food for 3 weeks. I have to say, in the end, it was all worth it. I lost 16 lbs total. It was so crazy to see that I was losing a pound or two a day.

My birthday was in November. Craig and I went out with some friends for sushi. We really didnt do much, just relaxed. Thanksgiving was fun too! We went up to Snow Basin for Thanksgiving dinner with his family. We had fun!

Maxus turned 1 December 21st! Crazy- I feel like we just got him. He got to go to his favorite store and got a few toys and treats.

Awe the Holidays... My favorite thing about Christmas time is decorating for it. This is our front room.




This Christmas holiday was a mess for me. I always do this to myself, I wait till the last second to get anything for anyone. Including my own husband. I'm horrible I know. The crowds were terrible, traffic insane, just way too busy for me. I finally made myself go out shopping for everyone just 2 days before Christmas. At least I wasnt the only one because of how crowded it was. But I will never wait that long again.
Christmas morning was different this year. We first opened up presents that Craig and I got for each other. Craig got me the cutest robe. I have been asking for one and he picked the perfect one out. I got Craig a nice sweater. We also got Maxus a little something of course. He didnt like it too much.




Every time we take off the sweater, he seriously attacks it. He also got lots of treats. Spoiled dog.


We usually go over to Craig's parents house to watch our niece's and nephews open their presents (which is my favorite thing) But this year we went over to my parents house and opened up presents with my family. I loved it so much. I havent done that since before I got married. My parents were so good to us. Craig got $$ and I got so much home decor for my home. After we opened presents, we had our Christmas breakfast. Oh it was good. But we kind of had a downer morning. My Grandparents usually join us Christmas morning to open up presents. But it was just my Grandma. My Grandpa wasnt feeling to great. During breakfast, my Grandpa called and told my Grandma he needed to go to the hospital. Turned out, he had blocked intestines. He is doing ok now.
After breakfast we had to go see what our nieces and nephews got from Santa. It was so fun seeing what they got!

New Years was relaxing. Craig and I didnt do a thing. We just played card games, watched the ball drop and went to bed. Nothing exciting but it was nice not to do anything. I'm so excited to see what 2011 brings!

No comments: